Convert paid AOL Account to Free – AOL account or AOL Mail (AOL Instant Messenger) is a free web-based email service provided by AOL, which is a division of Verizon Communications. It provides both the free webmail and paid services. However, the paid AOL Mail service offers more benefits like McAfee Security and live technical support.
How To Convert paid AOL Account to Free account?
Free AOL account
Before you Convert paid AOL Account to Free, here is some information you should know. Features in free AOL service includes:
- AOL Mail: You can create AOL email account and get a username and email address to send and receive messages.
- AOL MacAfee Security: AOL offers free MacAfee security service that protects you from getting spam messages, pop-ups and unknown viruses, worms, and Trojan Horses. It blocks them.
- Contacts (your AOL Address Book)
- AOL.com: You can visit the site and access all kinds of information regarding news about Sports, Politics, Music, Economy, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Insurance etc. for free.
- AOL Video: With this, you can watch different kinds of videos without paying for it.
- AOL Search: You can search for any information on AOL for free.
Paid AOL Account
The paid AOL account offers free AOL services as well as some additional protection plans, For example:
- 24X7 Live Support: AOL experts are available 24×7 for assistance with anything, from email to installation, login in, mobile email etc. The service is available on all kinds of devices such as Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- McAfee Virus Protection: Mcafee security provides protection against the latest viruses, malware and other online threats in up to your five devices such as PCs, Macs, Smartphones, and tablets.
- Online Password Manager: With Online Password Manager, you can securely store your online passwords, usernames, and credit card information directly in your computer with a personalized PIN. It is available on Windows operating systems only.
- Mobile Password Manager: Mobile Password Manager lets you access your online accounts securely from your tablet or smartphone and get alerted if you are about to enter a malicious website.
If you still want to Convert paid AOL Account to Free, after reading the benefits then the steps are given below.
Currently, AOL’s revenue stream is advertisement based as opposed to subscription-based profits. You won’t have to pay for using Mail.AOL.com. Your AOL email address will still be functioning even if you switched to a free AOL account. However, you may not benefit from advanced McAfee security software and live technical support offered in their paid subscription plan.
Steps to Convert paid AOL Account to Free – Mail.AOL.com
If you are using the Internet and don’t want to continue with Paid Services of AOL account at Mail.AOL.com, you can use the following steps to change from Paid to free AOL account-
- Visit Mail.AOL.com on your browser
- Click My Services.
- Go to Subscriptions.
- Click Manage next to the plan you’d like to cancel.
- Click Cancel Billing below the AOL Subscription Information.
- Select a reason for canceling the subscription. It will also offer you the option to switch to a lower-priced plan rather than canceling. Select a reason for canceling from the drop-down menu.
- Click Cancel link at the bottom of the page. After following these steps your paid AOL account will subsequently become free.
I hope this article helps you and solves your problem. However, if you have any query you can contact AOL support or visit help.aol.com.
FAQ’s – Mail.AOL.com
- How can I cancel my AOL subscription plan?
- How to change my paid AOL account to free AOL account?
- How can I stop paying for using AOL Mail?
- What is the difference in Free AOL Account and Paid AOL Account?
- What are the additional offers available in Paid AOL Account?
- What are the steps involved to convert my paid AOL account to free?
- Will I be able to use my AOL Mail account if I canceled AOL subscription?
Here is the list of queries related to “Convert paid AOL Account to Free”. If you have an issue feel free to contact AOL Support. A team of the technician is 24/7 available to assist you. For more detailed blogs get to mail.aol.com and read.